AL-MANIHAH AS AN ALTERNATIVE CONCEPT IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF SME IN INDONESIA
The development of the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) is encouraged in Indonesia because the SMEs were proven to be more sustainable than corporations during the economic crisis in 1997. Such the SMEs are In Islam, it is represented by entrepreneurship that has long been encouraged along with the Shari’ah. During the era of caliph Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz, the poverty was eliminated due to the role of Islamic economic welfare system. In development of the economic welfare system, the concept of Al-Manihah will play one of the important roles. Al-Manihah encourages the establishment of Islamic civilization and development of the SMEs based on maqasid shari’ah in the era of Sahabah
(companions) and Islamic Financial Institution for current era. In addition, Al-Manihah is one of the alternatives to overcome the risk in financing SME towards Islamic financial institutions. The concept of Al-Manihah for development of SME through SWOT analysis and mix method research design show positive correlation between Al-Manihah concept and development of SMEs.
Keyword : Small and Medium Enterprise (SME), Al-Manihah, Islamic Financial Institution, SWOT analysis, and Mix Method Research Design
- Every manuscript submitted to JEBIS must obey to the policy and terms set by Journal of Economics and Business Islamic.
- Publication rights on the contents of manuscript published by JEBIS is owned by JEBIS under consent and approval by the corresponding author(s).
- Full text of electronic publication of manuscripts can be accessed free if used for the purpose of education and research according to copyright regulation.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.