Analysis of maternity patients’ satisfactory to maternity room installment in Dr. Soetomo Hospital Surabaya

M Reza Zulkarnain, Baksono Winardi

= http://dx.doi.org/10.20473/mog.V28I12020.3-15
Abstract views = 83 times | downloads = 31 times

Abstract


Objectives: To analyze the maternity patient satisfaction for services provided in the maternity room of Dr Soetomo General Hospital Surabaya.

Materials and Methods: Cross-sectional observational studies. In this study only made observation without intervention. The data used in this study was obtained using form of questionnaires, using Likert Scale. The data is processed by using program SPSS v20 and Microsoft Excell 2007 program

Results: During October - December 2017, based on importance performance analysis patient satisfaction divided into 4 quadrant (quadran A,B,C and D), quadrant A is a top priority for service quality improvement. Percentage of performance level nurse or doctor willing to help patient is 52,4%. Percentage of performance level nurse or doctor to inform when the service will be given is 59,9%. Percentage of performance level to keep patient as top priority is 70,3%. Percentage of performance level to look carefully to asptient is 87%. Percentage of performance level to respond patient requet immediately is 90. Based on custumer satisfaction index (CSI) the index score of patient satisfaction is 74,3%, which is that value dexcribes the overall patient in the maternity installation is satisfied with the health service provided.

Conclusion: Patient of maternity room at Dr. Soetomo General Hospital is generally satisfied with the current quality of service performace. The value of patient satisfaction showed a value of 74,53% which means almost 75% of patient expectations is fulfilled and the remaining about 25% still need improvement. The particular concern in improvement of service is desire to always help patient, provide information about the treatment, patient always to be top priority, and raising individual attention to the patient.

Keywords


Analysis of custumer satisfaction, quality and health services, quality of service, service user satisfaction, service quality, Dr Soetomo General Hospital Surabaya

Full Text:

PDF

References


Abalo, J., Varela, J., Manzano. Importance values for Importance Performance Analysis: A formula for spreading out values derived from preference rankings. Journal of Business Research. 2007;60: 115-121.

Babakus, E., Mangold, W. Adapting tthe SERVQUAL scale to hospital services: an empirical investigation. Health services research. 1992;26(6): 767-787

Cronin Jr, J. J., Taylor, S. A. Measuring ser jovice quality: a reexamination and extension. The journal of marketing. 1992;55-68

Davino, C., Fabbris, L. Survey Data Collection and Integration. Springer. 2012

Gilmore, A. Service Marketing and Management. SAGE Publications. 2013

Hayes, B. E. Measuring Costumer Satisfaction and Loyalty: Survey Design, Use, and Statiscal Analysis Methods. ASQ Quality Press. 2008

Kotler, P., Keller, K. L. Marketing Management: Prentice Hall. 2011.

Lovelock, C. H., Wright, L. Principles of Service Marketing and Management. Prentice Hall. 1999.

Parasuraman, A. Alternative Scales for Measuring Service Quality: A Comparative Assessment Based on Psychoemtric and Diagnostic Criteria. Journal of Retailing. 1994;70(3).

Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L. SERVQUAL: A Multiple-Item Scale for Maeasuring Consumer Perceptions of Service Quality. Journal of retailing. 1988;64(1):12-40.

Purcarea, V. L., Gheorghe, I. R., Petrescu, C. M. The assessment of perceived service quality of public health care service in Romania using the SERVQUAL scale. Procedia Economics and Finance. 2013;6:573-585.

Reid, R. D., Bojanic, D. C. Hospitality Marketing Management. John Wiley & Sons. 2009.

Simamora, B. Analisis Multicariat Pemasaran. Gramedia Pustaka Utama. 2005.

Sugiyono. Statistika untuk penelitian. Alfabeta. 2015.

Supranto, K. Pengukuran tingkat kepuasan pelanggan untuk menaikkan pangsa pasar. Rineka Cipta. 2011.


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2020 Majalah Obstetri dan Ginekologi

          

Statistic



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License