Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor)
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) is a journal published by the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Airlangga with the ISSN 2541-1470 (print version) and 2528-1879 (online version). This journal is published every 6 months, June and December. All manuscripts received by the editor of JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) will be reviewed by peer reviewers according to the field of economics studies (at least 2 people) with a double-blind policy.
JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) invites manuscripts on empirical economics researches, applied theories and other matters of interest in economics to researchers and practitioners in various subject realms connected to the broad theme of economics, but not limited to economic development, finance, monetary, international trade, environmental, energy, public economics, econometrics, microfinance, health economics, and political economics. JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) accepts submission from all over the world. All accepted articles will be published on an open access basis and will be freely available to all readers with worldwide visibility and coverage.
All papers submitted to the journal should be written in good English or Bahasa Indonesia. Authors for whom English is not their native language are encouraged to have their paper checked before submission for grammar and clarity. The work should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The official language of the manuscript to be published in JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) is Bahasa Indonesia or English.
1. General Author Guidelines
All manuscripts must be submitted to JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) Editorial Office by Online Submission at E-Journal portal address: https://e-journal.unair.ac.id/JIET/user/register, where author register as Author and/or offered as Reviewer by online. If authors have any problems on the online submission, please contact Editorial Office at the following email: email@example.com.
JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) only accepts Original Research Articles to be published.
2. Manuscript Template
The manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines in the article template: download
3. Reviewing of manuscripts
All manuscripts received by the editor of JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) will be reviewed by peer reviewers according to the field of economics studies (at least 2 people) with a double-blind policy. The first initial review takes at least 2 weeks up to 1 month. The review process will take at least 15 days to complete for first round. The review process can pass more than one review rounds. The final decision will be taken by the editor-in-chief based on the comments from the reviewers in the editorial board forum.
4. Revision of manuscripts
Manuscripts sent back to the authors for revision should be returned to the editor without delay. Revised manuscripts can be sent to editorial office through the Online Submission Interface https://e-journal.unair.ac.id/JIET/user. The revised manuscripts returned later than three months will be considered as new submissions.
5. Editorial Office of JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan)
All correspondences should be sent to the following Editorial Office:
Tri Haryanto, P.hD (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan): Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Airlangga, Jl. Airlangga No.4, Airlangga, Kec. Gubeng, Kota SBY, Jawa Timur 60286 , Phone: +6231-5033642, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
6.1. The manuscripts represent academic research in empirical economics researches, applied theories and other matters of interest in economics to researchers and practitioners in various subject realms connected to the broad theme of economics, but not limited to economic development, finance, monetary, international trade, environmental, energy, public economics, econometrics, microfinance, health economics, and political economics.
6.2. Structure of the manuscripts
- Title. The title should be brief, short, clear, written in English, and informative which reflect the article content. The length of the title maximum 12 words. Each word of the title should be started with a capitalized letter.
- Author’s names and institutions. The author’s names should be accompanied by the author’s institutions, affiliation address and email addresses, without any academic titles and/or job title.
- Abstract. The abstract should be less than 250 words. Abstract contains clear statement of the background of the study, the purpose of the study, method, result, and implication, with no references cited.
- Keywords should be 2 to 5 phrases.
- JEL Classification Numbers
Authors should add 1- 3 JEL Classification Number. Information guide for the Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) can be found at https://www.aeaweb.org/jel/guide/jel.php
- Introduction. The introduction describes a brief background of the novelty, state of the arts, and objective (s). It should be written efficiently and supported by references. It should be written without numbers and/or pointers.
- Literature Review. This section explains the theoretical framework that used in this research, a review of the previous research in the area.
- Data and Research Methods. This section describes the data and tools of analysis along with the data and their sources.
- Finding and Discussion. This section explains the results of the study. Data should be presented in Tables or Figures when feasible. There should be no duplication of data in Tables and Figures. The discussion should be consistent and should interpret the results clearly and concisely, and their significance, supported by the suitable literature. The discussion should show relevance between the result and the field of investigation and/or hypotheses. The discussion also should compare the result with previous research.
- Conclusions. This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study.
- Acknowledgment (if any) to the person(s) or institution(s) who help the experiment should be stated.
- References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the manuscript. References should be the last 10-year publication with minimum 80% of the journal. References should be listed alphabetically by the author(s) last name(s) and the year of publication. The authors must use reference management software like Mendeley to prepare citations and the list of references.
6.3. The authors should provide an index of subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred to in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
6.4. Estimation result from a software package is not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in equations with the appropriate estimation results.
6.5. Table format should contain only heading and contents. Please provide the top and bottom lines, along with the line(s) that separate the heading and the contents. Example as attached.
6.6. Acknowledgment, if any, should be written as the foot-note of the manuscript’s title.
6.7. The manuscript is prepared in an A-4 paper, single-sided, and single-space format. A new paragraph should start five characters from the left margin, using 12-size, Times New Roman font type.
6.8. The article should be between 6,000 and 10,000 words. The allowable length of the manuscript is at Editor’s discretion; however, manuscript with a length less or exceeding the words may be return to the author(s) for revision before the manuscript is considered by the Editors. The word count excludes table, figures, and references..
6.9. The top and bottom margins are 1 inch.
6.10. The title is written using capital letters of 16 font size, center position.
6.11. Subtitles are written using capital letters, started from the left margin.
6.12. Sub of subtitles is written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words. They should be started from the left margin.
6.13. References should be those of the last ten years publication unless they are key references.
6.14. Authors are advised to use references management application for citation and referral management (such as Mendeley).
6.15. Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
- Hill (2001) suggests that the objective of depreciation ….
- According to Kotter (1867), intra industry trade can be …
- Wagner (in McCain, 1982) states that …
- The definition of flypaper effect is … (Wagner, 1976).
6.16. Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
- The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The names of the tables and figures are on the top of the tables and figures.
- The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom part of both.
6.17. References should be written in alphabetical order, without any number. The journal using APA style for references. They should be written using the following criteria:
Every manuscript must include a list of references contain only the works cited. Each entry should contain all data necessary for unambiguous identification. With the author-date system, use the following format recommended by the Chicago Manual Styles (14th Ed.):
- Arrange citations in alphabetical order according to the surname of the author or the name of the institution responsible for the citation.
- Use author’s initials instead of proper names.
- In listing more than one name in references (Molyneux, P., and J. Thornton,…) there should always be a comma before “and.”
- Dates of publication should be placed immediately after the authors’ names.
- Titles of journal should not be abbreviated.
- Multiple works by the same author(s) should be listed in chronological order of publication. Two or more works by the same author(s) in the same year distinguished be letters after the date.
Recommendations for references are:
- Authors are encouraged to have references mainly from primary source (at least 80% of the references), such as research articles in journal, proceedings, working paper, or dissertation.
- Authors are encouraged to have references that are up-to-date references (at least 80% references dated within the last 10 years).
- Authors should avoid excessively referencing your own work (self citation).
Beamish, P. W. 1988. Multinational Joint Ventures in Developing Countries. London-New York: Routledge.
Collins, Geoffrey, and Mathew D. Wortmaster. 1953. The collected works of Pennyloss. Boston: Pennyloss.
Sanders, G.S., T. R. Price, V. L. DeSantis, and C. C. Ryder. 1989. Prediction and prevention of famine. Los Angeles: Timothy Peters.
Ohio State University. College of Administrative Science. Center for Human Resource Research. 1977. The national longitudinal surveys handbook. rev. ed. Columbus.
Chapter in a book
Allen, D. 1988. ‘British foreign policy and international co-operation’. In Byrd, P. (Ed.), British Foreign Policy. Deddington: Philip Allen, 210–18.
Banks, William. 1958. Secret meeting in boise. Midwestern Political Review 6: 26-31.
Fraser J., N. Fraser, and F. McDonald. 2000. The strategic challenge of electronic commerce. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal 5(1): 7-14.
Wambach, K. A. 1997. Breastfeeding intention and outcome: A test of the theory of planned behavior. Research in Nursing and Health 20 (1): 51-60.
Zhang, Y., and R. Buda. 1999. Moderating effects of need for cognition on responses to positively versus negatively framed advertising messages. Journal of Advertising 28 (2): 1-15.
Kang, D. 2000. Family Ownership and Performance in Public Corporations: A Study of the U.S. Fortune 500, 1982–1994. Working Paper 00-0051, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
Gnyawali, D. R. 1997. Creation and Utilization of Organizational Knowledge: An Empirical Study of the Effects of Organizational Learning on Strategic Decision Making. Unpublished PhD Dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, PA.
Kowalik, T. 1992. ‘Trade unions attitude to privatisation’. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Privatization and Transformation in Eastern Europe, Warsaw, 15–20 November.
Klein, J. 2002. ‘How the solidarity dream turned sour’. The Guardian, 12 June, 8–9.
7. Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address: https://e-journal.unair.ac.id/JIET/user/register
Author should fulfil the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: The author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes status of manuscript review and editorial process.
8. Author Fee (Page Charge)
a. Article Submission Fee: USD 0
No charge for manuscript submission
b. Article Processing Charge: USD 0
No charge for Article Processing Charge (APC)
9. User Rights
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) (p-ISSN: 2541-1470; e-ISSN: 2528-1879) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Authors who publish with JIET (Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Terapan) agree to the following terms:
- The journal allows the author to hold the copyright of the article without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions
- The legal formal aspect of journal publication accessibility refers to Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA).
The names and e-mail addresses included in this journal site will be used exclusively for the purposes of this journal and will not be used for other purposes or parties.