FOCUS AND SCOPE
JPUA: Universitas Airlangga Library Journal: Information and Communication Media Librarianship is published by the Airlangga University Library.
Focus: publish scientific articles from librarians, researchers, educators with an article focus on information and library studies.
Scope: contains topics related to libraries, information literacy, information technology, librarian profession, and information management.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
JPUA: Airlangga University Library Journal: Information and Communication Media Librarian accepts articles from librarians, researchers, educators. All articles entered are reviewed by 2 reviewers, using DOUBLE BLIND PEER-REVIEW.
The article review process usually takes average 12 weeks. This review period depends on the editors and reviewers duration in reviewing the manuscript.
JPUA will be published two times a year: June and December
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the Public Knowledge Project (PKP PN) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Plagiarism check aims to maintain the quality of originality and novelty. Every article sent to the Jurnal JPUA: Universitas Airlangga Library Journal: Information and Communication Media Librarianship will be checked for plagiarism using Turnitin prior to publication with the maximum number of 30% originality report.
Our Ethic Statement is following Committee of Publication Ethic (COPE). We manage to perform a righteous peer-review with strict policies to assure a high standard quality scientific studies publish in this journal.
All manuscript that submitted into this journal, author(s) should warrant that manuscript is authentic, unpublished, and does not infringe on any existing copyright.
Author ought to ensure the manuscript is clear from plagiarism or self-plagiarism. Any unpublished data from authors’ own project without proper citation in a submitted paper will referred as self-plagiarism. We check every paper using Turnitin. We will reject all papers that found not to be incompliance with the authenticity provision. Any claim of infringement will be process according to guideline.
Selection point of keys for editor, reviewer and author to obey:
Duties for Editor
- Editor should be fair to evaluate all manuscript based on the merit (importance, clarity, originality) regardless of religion, race, nationality, or political philosophy of author. Editor-in-chief has the authority of journal content and publication related.
- Editor and all editorial board must not disclose all information about the submitted manuscript other than corresponding author, reviewer, editorial advisor.
- All manuscript shall through peer-review appropriately, editor will review first and can reject paper in matter of low quality or outside journals’ scope. Suitable manuscript will then be reviewed by two reviewer and the decision of work will following the evaluation. Editor should not interfere the decision unless serious matter occurs.
- Ensure the peer-review steps in high quality proceed with reliable referee and prevent any manipulation within the system.
- Editor and reviewer board should manage any unethical issue objectively according to COPE guideline when one raised in regard to a submitted or published manuscript. Every report must have sufficient evidence and will be investigated thoroughly, even when discovered after several years. If misconduct is found, a correction, retraction, or notice will be published in the journal.
Duties for Reviewer
- All submitted manuscript should treated confidentially, not discussed with other party except authorized by editor. Reviewer should not cite any unpublished data for their own work unless granted the permission from the author and express the gratitude. Privilege idea or information gain from peer-review should maintain confidential and not be used for personal matter.
- Peer-review assist in making editorial decision and through editorial communication may help author to improve the manuscript. Peer-review is an essential part of formally scholar communication and any author that wished to contribute their work have an obligation to do a fair share of reviewing.
- Any selected referee who feels unqualified to do review such a manuscript or its prompt review might be impossible should notify the editor and decline the invitation thus alternative referee can be contacted.
- Reviewing all manuscript objectively to help author improving the manuscript. Personal criticism is inappropriate.
- Reviewer should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by author. Any statement of observation, argument, suggestion from previous study should followed by relevant citation. Any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript should be notified to the editor.
Duties for Author
- Author should present data uprightly and provide comprehensive discussion to explain the significance of the findings.
- Author should not publish manuscript describing similar essential finding in more than one journal. Submitting a manuscript into more than one journal concurrently is considered unethical.
- Any facts that inflict conflict of interest should state explicitly.
- Any copied text from original text is should be write in quotation mark and cited in a proper way. All method, procedure, or idea following previous study should state explicitly. Image(s) must not be manipulated that leads to misinterpretation of original result.Fabrication in terms of making up the study finding is prohibited, falsification including: Manipulating research data with the intention of giving a false impression, removing outliers or “inconvenient” results, changing, adding or omitting data points. Such as above forgery is detected at peer-review process, the manuscript will be automatically rejected.
- When a study involving human subject, human tissue, human data should carry out under the Declaration of Helsinki of 1975 or using animal model, all shall have gotten approval from Ethic Committee of the institution (ethical number).
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGE
Every article submitted to the JPUA : Jurnal Perpustakaan Universitas Airlangga : Media Informasi dan Komunikasi Kepustakawanan does not charge any 'Submission and 'Article Processing Fees' (FREE). This includes peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allow immediate access to the full-text versions of the article.
published two times a year: June and December