Before submitting, authors must read the Author Guidelines, and follow all the instructions.
- The manuscript should not be more than 8,000 words or between 15-16 pages (Times New Roman 11 font) on A4 paper pages (210 x 297 mm).
- Top, bottom, right, and left page margins 1” and single space. The author's identity is sufficient to be written only on the title cover document.
- The manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English which is good, clear, straightforward, and concise. When the manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia is obliged to refer to Ejaan Bahasa Indonesia yang Disempurnakan (EYD) guidelines, please check https://ejaan.kemdikbud.go.id/
- The systematic discussion in the manuscript at least consists of the following parts:
The title of the manuscript must be made different from the title of the research report (Thesis/Thesis/Dissertation/Research Results). The title must be written in a straightforward and informative manner, namely in the form of an effective phrase (not a sentence), specific, short, clear, interesting, not contain acronyms, and describes the contents of the research and the main findings. Consists of a maximum of 14 words, written in using Capital Case and Bold. The title is written in Indonesian and English
- Author’s Name and Affiliation
The author's name is written in full without a title, with a single space, and the last name cannot be abbreviated. The number of authors is at least 2 people and must consist of lecturers and students with the first author being a lecturer or student. The correspondence author does not have to be the first author. The author's affiliation is written in full with the name of the institution (not abbreviated), the city where the author's institution is located, and the country where the author's institution is located
The abstract is presented in one paragraph, written in English and Indonesian, using Italic letters, a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 200 words and Single Spacing. The abstract must contain research objectives, research methods and design, research findings, conclusions, and implications of research results. The abstract describes the essence of the entire text and is presented in a concise, clear, intact, complete, and there may be no references to literature, tables, and figures, and.
Keywords are in the form of phrases or words or a group of words that reflect the contents of the manuscript, or important terms in the manuscript, and may not be an abbreviation of words or city names or company names. Keywords must be standard words that reflect the contents of the manuscript. Keywords must consist of 4 keywords
The introduction must clearly describe the phenomenon under study, the urgency of the research and the research motivation for the study. The introduction section must describe the research gap analysis, state-of-the-art research, research novelty, statement of research objectives, and research contribution. Presentation on gap analysis and state-of-the-art research must be based on a literature review of at least 15 articles with publications of at least the last 5 years which must be included in the introduction as part of the formulation of gap analysis and state-of-the-art.
- Literature Review
Presenting a theoretical framework (grand theory) based on a review of the literature which is a logical basis for developing hypotheses or research propositions and research models (if deemed necessary). Present the formulation of the hypothesis or proposition if any
- Research methods
Describes the research method approach used and the reasons for choosing this approach, the empirical model, the variables used along with the measurement and operational definitions of the variables, the selection method and data collection procedures, as well as data analysis techniques. If the research uses a qualitative approach, it is necessary to disclose units of analysis, participants/key informants, data collection techniques, data validation techniques, and data analysis techniques.
- Results and Discussion
It is divided into two parts, namely results and discussion. The research results section presents the results of research data analysis and explains the conclusions of research findings based on the results of data analysis and research objectives. The discussion section describes the analysis of the research findings by providing an explanation of the meaning of the research findings and providing arguments for the research findings. The discussion must also contain an explanation of the linkage of research findings with the state-of-the-art and research gaps that have been determined in the introduction section, explain the linkages of research findings with previous research, and explain the linkages of research findings with relevant theories. Provide a review of the novelty of research findings and the contribution of research findings.
It is written in the form of flowing paragraphs, not in the form of points (point per point), and may not contain discussion and statistical results. It may not be in the form of an accepted or rejected hypothesis statement by mentioning statistical results. The conclusion contains an explanation of the research findings in accordance with the research objectives based on the results of the research data analysis. The author must explain the type of novelty of his research findings, namely the novelty of research findings in terms of theory, postulates, formulas, rules, models, prototypes, or other novelties, and explain the implications of the research findings.
In this section, you can acknowledge any support/funding given by your institution or other parties involved in the research. Furthermore, you can also specify the individual contributions of each author.
It Contains sources cited in the written manuscript. Only cited sources are included in this reference list. The references must contain at least 15 sources, and at least 80% of the reference composition must come from articles and proceedings, and the year of publication is the last 5 years. References are written using Reference Manager (Mendeley), with APA 7th style format, Spacing 1 (single), hanging 0.5".\
- Long direct quotations (more than 50 words) are typed with single line spacing with an indented style, given quotation words.
- Arabic font writing (العربيه) using Traditional Arabic font, size 16.
- Each table must have a description of the table number, table title and table source, with Times New Roman 10 font, single space. Table explanations are written in an example format: Table 1 or (Table 1). Capitalized the first letter. Tables cannot be in the form of pictures and must be re-typed.
- Each figure must be accompanied by a figure number, image title, and figure source (font: Times New Roman 10, single space). Explanations of figures are written with examples of formats: Figure 1 or (Figure 1). Figure titles are written in Capitalized first-letter format. Tables and figures can be written in the introduction, literature review, research methods, results and discussion.
Table 1.Table Title
Source: name. Year. Title. Publisher
Figure 1. Figure Title
- All pages including references and appendices must be numbered sequentially.
- In-text citations must use the Reference Manager (Mendeley), with APA 7th style format. All sources of quotations written in the manuscript must be written in the references
Quotation and References Guidelines
The APA in the text reference is in the format (author, date). When directly quoting from a text you must include a page number in the citation as given in the examples below. Including page numbers in all other circumstances is not required however, it is best practice to do so when referring to part of a work (eg. a paragraph or chapter in a book). When referring to an entire work that covers a single topic (eg. a journal article) it is not required.
Referring an idea
- Anxiety and depression have been identified as more common in children and adolescents with long-term physical conditions (Dantzer, 2003; Pinquart & Shen, 2011).
- Dantzer (2003), Pinquart and Shen (2011) all state that anxiety and dexpression has been identified as more common in children and adolescents with long-term physical conditions.
Referring a quotation
- Indeed, one researcher commented that “technological innovations have saved or extended the lives of many patients” (Lumby, 2001, p. 44).
Citing a source within a source
Where does your source quote or refers to another source, for example Unsworth refers to Halliday's previous work on linguistics, the citation might read thus:
- (Halliday, as cited in Unsworth, 2004, p. 15)
Only Unsworth will appear in the Reference list at the end of your assignment
Your reference list should be ordered alphabetically by author and then chronologically by year of publication. The APA 7th style requires the references to be indented as illustrated below in the examples.
For instances of multiple articles with the same authors and years of publication, please check the APA publication manual or Academic Writer. If you have the DOI for the journal article, you should include it in the reference, otherwise it is not necessary.
- De Vaus, DA (2014). Surveys in social research. Sydney, Australia: Allen & Unwin.
- McKenzie, H., Boughton, M., Hayes, L., & Forsyth, S. (2008). Explaining the complexities and values of nursing practice and knowledge. In I. Morley & M. Crouch (Eds.), Knowledge as value: Illumination through critical prisms (pp. 209-224). Amsterdam, Netherlands: Rodopi.
- Cheung, JMY, Bartlett, DJ, Armor, CL, Laba, TL, & Saini, B. (2018). To drug or not to drug: A qualitative study of patients' decision-making processes for managing insomnia. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 16(1), 1-26. doi:10.1080/15402002.2016.1163702
Webpage with an author
HealthTimes. (2015). The future of aged care nursing in Australia. Retrieved from https://healthtimes.com.au/hub/aged-care/2/news/nc1/the-future-of-aged-care-nursing-in-australia/495/
Webpage with no author
$250m funding boost for malaria vaccine. (2003). Retrieved from https://www.abc.net.au/news/2003-09-22/250m-funding-boost-for-malaria-vaccine/1482220
- Fellner, C. (2019, April 7). Time bomb: Two new cases as NSW faces worst measles outbreak in years. The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from https://www.smh.com.au
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2018). Physical activity across the life stages. Canberra, Australia: Author.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2018). Physical activity across the life stages. Retrieved from https://www.aihhw.gov.au/reports/physical-activity/physical-activity-across-the-life-stages/contents/table-of-contents
Company and Industry Reports
- Vuong, B. (2018, November). IBIS World industry report OD5381. Coffee shops in Australia. Retrieved from IBIS World database.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission files are in the form of Microsoft Word for manuscript and cover title, and in the form of PDF for originality statement.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses an 11-point font; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring Double Blind Review have been followed
- The author must upload Cover Title and Originality Statement on Supplementary Files
Jurnal Ekonomi Syariah Teori and Terapan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.