Empowerment of The Roadside Communities in Samirplapan Gresik Through Garbage Bank
Background: The partnership program with the community was held by establishing a garbage bank and a waste management center in Samirplapan Village, Duduk Sampeyan District, Gresik. Starting with the problem of partners, the large amount of waste generated due to being on the edge of the inter-city connecting road of Gresik- Lamongan that is often passed by many vehicles. The community still has not the knowledge to manage waste becomes more economic value. Purpose: this activity aimed to help the community in utilizing inorganic waste to be more economically valuable through the garbage bank system. While organic waste will be processed in each household into compost using the Takakura method. Methods: This activity ran for 6 months, beginning with the socialization of garbage banks to village communities, technical training, implementation of the garbage bank system, monitoring and evaluation, and development. The targets of this partnership program are PKK (community that focused on woman welfare) and community in Samirplapan village, which are mostly housewives. Results: A Garbage bank in Samirplapan village has been formed with 35 members, participants actively participate in garbage bank activities, and the knowledge of participants has also increased. In addition, participants were given training in handicrafts made from inorganic waste and how to make compost with Takakura. Conclusion: Garbage bank is one form of solution in handling waste problems by applying the principle of 3R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) based on community.
Kementerian Lingkungan Hidup. 2012. Peraturan Menteri Lingkungan Hidup Republik Indonesia Nomor 13 Tahun 2012 tentang Pedoman Pelaksanaan Reduce, Reuse dan Recycle Melalui Bank Sampah. Jakarta: Kementerian Lingkungan Hidup.
Pemerintah Republik Indonesia. 2012. Peraturan Pemerintah Republik Indonesia No. 81 Tahun 2012 tentang Pengelolaan Sampah Rumah Tangga dan Sampah Sejenis Sampah Rumah Tangga. Jakarta: Sekretariat Negara.
Rozak, A. 2014. Peran Bank Sampah Warga Peduli Lingkungan (WPL) dalam Pemberdayaan Perekonomian Nasabah. Skripsi. Jakarta: Fakultas Syariah dan Hukum, UIN Syarif Hidayatullah.
Utami, E. 2013. Buku Panduan Sistem Bank Sampah dan 10 Kisah Sukses. Jakarta: Yayasan Unilever Indonesia.
- The Author(s) hold the copyright of the article without restrictions
- Darmabakti Cendekia allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- Author(s) of published articles have the right to distribute the article in any medium and formats provided that a link to Darmabakti Cendekia website. No written permissions are necessary.
- The legal formal aspect of journal publication accessibility refers to Creative Commons Atribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 (CC BY-NC-SA), implies that publication can be used for non-commercial purposes in its original form.
- Every publications (printed/electronic) are open access for educational purposes, research, and library. Other than the aims mentioned above, the editorial board is not responsible for copyright violation.