DIGITAL MARKETING FOR ACCOMMODATION SERVICE BUSINESSES IN BAWEAN ISLAND, GRESIK
Background: The success of developing a tourist village starts from the accommodation manager at a tourist site and depends on the level of acceptance and support of the local community. Local communities will later act as hosts and become important actors in the development of tourist villages in all stages, starting from planning, monitoring, and implementation so that their success will also be enjoyed with a multiplier effect on the surrounding community. However, tourists often do not get information because of the lack of promotion in the media about the condition of the tourist area and also the readiness of accommodation. Objective: To provide digital marketing training for accommodation service businesses on Bawean Island. Methods: The method used is training and mentoring related to what digital marketing is, the urgency of using digital marketing, how to compose interesting content, execution of social media usage and also making attractive social media layouts. Results: The result of this activity is the implementation of digital marketing in the partner accommodation business. This activity was also accompanied by the creation of a film concept about the activities of the community community in Bawean Island which was accurate. Conclusion: the community, in this case the business actors, is still traditional. They still really need information and knowledge about digital marketing promotion efforts. Therefore, this tourism training activity is important so that the knowledge and skills of the tourism business community will increase.
Eticon, 2020, Tahapan Merintis dan Mengembangkan Desa Wisata, dalam https://eticon.co.id/tahap-merintis-desa-wisata/, diakses 20 Februrari 2021
Goodwin, JH. , Santili, R., 2009, Community-Based Tourism: a success? ICRT Occasional Paper 11
Suansri, Pontjana. 2003. Community Based Tourism Hand Book. Rest Project World Tourism Organization
Ryan, D. 2014, Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation, Kogan Page Limited, Great Britain
Copyright (c) 2022 Dian Yulie Reindrawati, Jiwangga H Nata, Umi F Bascha, Nur E Suriani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The Author(s) hold the copyright of the article without restrictions
- Darmabakti Cendekia allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- Author(s) of published articles have the right to distribute the article in any medium and formats provided that a link to Darmabakti Cendekia website. No written permissions are necessary.
- The legal formal aspect of journal publication accessibility refers to Creative Commons Atribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 (CC BY-NC-SA), implies that publication can be used for non-commercial purposes in its original form.
- Every publications (printed/electronic) are open access for educational purposes, research, and library. Other than the aims mentioned above, the editorial board is not responsible for copyright violation.