FOCUS AND SCOPE
Masyarakat, Kebudayaan dan Politik (MKP) is open access, peer-reviewed, and scientific journal published by The Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia. The objective of Masyarakat, Kebudayaan dan Politik (MKP) is to publish original research articles from researchers and practitioners on various topics of society, culture, and political issues: community welfare, social development, civil society movements, digital society and disruption, gender issues, family and marriages, media, information & literacy, tourism development, sociocultural anthropology, politics, governance & democracy, international politics & security studies, youth studies, radicalism and terrorism, public policy & innovation, citizenship & public management.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
- Darwis Khudori
- Siti Kusujiarti
- Rustinsyah Rustinsyah
- Muhammad Saud
- Rahma Sugihartati
- Maciej Henneberg
- Amy Jacobson
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Manuscripts submitted to MKP will undergo a selection and assessment process by the Board of Editors to ensure their accordance with the writing guideline, focus, and scope, and that they are of excellent academic quality. The manuscripts will be reviewed using the double blind peer review method in which case neither authors nor reviewers know each other’s identities.
Desk Review. At the desk review stage, manuscripts will be examined to ensure that they have met the writing guideline, focus, and scope with excellent academic quality. If they do not meet the conditions, the author will be given the opportunity to revise their manuscript according to the given criteria. However, there is also the possibility that the manuscript will be directly rejected.
Peer review. When the manuscript has passed the desk review stage, it will then be delivered to two reviewers who are experts in the field of the submitted manuscript. The review process will be done within 3 weeks. Manuscripts that did not successfully pass the desk review process will not proceed to this stage.
Reviewer’s decision. The reviewers will provide the following recommendations:
Accepted; means that the manuscript is acceptable for publication
Accepted with minor revisions; means that the manuscript is acceptable for publication once it is revised in response to the reviewers’ concerns
Accepted with major revisions; means that substantive inadequacies in the manuscript, such as data analysis, the main theory used, and rewriting of paragraphs, need to be revised
Rejected; means that the manuscript is not acceptable for publication or the given reviews relate to very basic issues
The reviewer’s decision will be considered by the Board of Editors to determine the ensuing process of the manuscript.
Revision Stage. Once the manuscript has been received with notations of minor or major revisions, it will be returned to the author with a review summary form. For manuscripts accepted with major revisions, authors are allotted 3 weeks to revise. Whereas for manuscripts accepted with minor revisions, 1 week is allotted for revision. When returning the revised manuscript, the author is required to fill in and attach the review summary form.
Final decision. At this stage, the manuscript will be re-evaluated by the Board of Editors to ensure that the author has revised in response to the reviewers’ concerns. In this final decision, the manuscript may still be rejected if the author did not seriously conduct the revisions necessary.
Proofread. Once the manuscript has been deemed acceptable by the Board of Editors, it will undergo a proofreading process to maintain linguistic quality.
Publication confirmation. At this stage, the final layout of the manuscript will be resent to the author to ensure that the content is in accordance with the author’s writing. At this stage, the author may revise any typographical error found in the final manuscript. Once confirmation from the author is given, the Editor will process the manuscript for online publication on the website as well as print publication.
This journal is published quarterly in a year, i.e. March, June, September, and December.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
MKP Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This journal utilises the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
To avoid plagiarism, all submissions are screened using Turnitin before undergo the review processes. Plagiarism-free works should match these requirements:
1. Writing that quoting writings of others (by quoting indirectly) that has been well paraphrased, by making one’s own words, instead of performing copy and paste or typing the source word-by-word, and write down the reading sources according to the rules of scientific writing.
2. Writing with the direct quotation, by quoting the same words as the original copies should apply quotation marks (for writing that less than 40 words), or if the quote consists of over than 40 words, the paragraphs should be notched and apply different font size.
3. Mentioning the source other people's ideas that are being used, whether from published or unpublished writing, both oral or written source, in any form of media
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGE
For manuscript submitted after 20 July 2017, this journal charges the following author fees. Article Publication & Processing:
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs.
1. Copyright of this journal is possession of Editorial Board and Journal Manager, by the knowledge of the author, while the moral right of the publication belongs to the author.
2. The formal legal aspect of journal publication accessibility refers to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA), implies that publication can be used for non-commercial purposes in its original form.
3. Every publication (printed/electronic) are open access for educational purposes, research, and library. Other than the aims mentioned above, the editorial board is not responsible for copyright violation