Focus and Scope
Jurnal Promkes: The Indonesian Journal of Health Promotion and Health Education accepts articles from original articles and literature review related to the field of Health Promotion and Behavioral Science, such as:
- Behavioral Organization
- Health Education
- Health Empowerment
- Health Politics
- Social Determinant of Health
- Health Communication
- Social and Cultural Health
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts received by Journal Promkes will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers via Open Journal System (OJS) based on the originality, contribution to the field of the scientific area, coherence of the analysis, grammar, and style. This journal uses the framework of Double-Blind Peer Preview Process policy, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. The final decision on the acceptability, or otherwise, of manuscripts will be taken by the editor-in-chief based on reviewers' comments presented during an editorial board meeting. Scanning for instances of plagiarism present in manuscripts will be conducted by means of Turnitin software. In each manuscript, peer reviewer will be rated from the substantial and technical aspects. Peer reviewer that collaboration with Jurnal Promkes is the experts in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences. They were experienced in the prestigious journal management and publication that was spread around the national and International.
The editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions
The reviewer’s decision will be considered by the Board of Editors to determine the ensuing process of the manuscript.
- Revision Stage. Once the manuscript has been received with notations of minor or major revisions, it will be returned to the author with a review summary form. For manuscripts accepted with major revisions, authors are allotted 3-6 weeks to revise. Whereas for manuscripts accepted with minor revisions, 1 week is allotted for revision.
- Final decision. At this stage, the manuscript will be re-evaluated by the Board of Editors to ensure that the author has revised in response to the reviewers’ concerns. In this final decision, the manuscript may still be rejected if the author did not seriously conduct the revisions necessary.
- Proofread. Once the manuscript has been deemed acceptable by the Board of Editors, it will undergo a proofreading process to maintain linguistic quality.
- Publication confirmation. At this stage, the final layout of the manuscript will be resent to the author to ensure that the content is in accordance with the author’s writing. At this stage, the author may revise any typographical error found in the final manuscript. Once confirmation from the author is given, the Editor will process the manuscript for online publication on the website as well as print publication. The author(s) will receive the final version of the manuscript as a PDF file. PROOF of all manuscripts will be provided to the corresponding author. The PROOF should be read carefully, checked against the typed manuscript, and the corrections may be returned within 7 days.
- Rejection confirmation. If manuscript is rejected, the author will be notified by Chief Editor with a statement of reasons for rejection. The author may appeal to Chief Editor if he or she believes an unfair judgement has been made which encloses the author’s reasons. Chief Editor will review and discuss the reasons with Section Editors responsible for the manuscript, and later decide whether to accept or deny the appeal.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Journal Promkes: The Indonesian Journal of Health Promotion and Health Education is published twice a year in March and September.
This journal utilizes CLOCKSS systems to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Article Withdrawal Policy
It is a general principle of scientific communication that the editor of the journal under study is solely and independently responsible for deciding which articles to submit to the journal for publication. In making this decision the editor is guided at the discretion of the journal's editorial board and is limited by applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The result of this principle is the importance of the scientific archive as a permanent and historic record of scholarship transactions.
Articles that have been published will remain, true and unaltered to the extent possible. However, sometimes situations can arise where an article is published which then has to be retracted or even deleted. Such actions should not be taken lightly and can only occur in exceptional circumstances.
This policy has been designed to address this issue and to take into account current best practice in the scientific community and libraries. As standards develop and change, we will revisit these issues and welcome input from the scientific community and libraries. We believe that this issue requires international standards and we will actively lobby various information bodies to establish international standards and best practices that the publishing and information industry can adopt.
Only used for Articles in the Press that represent previous versions of the article and sometimes contain errors, or may have been submitted twice by mistake. Occasionally, but less often, articles may represent violations of professional codes of conduct, such as multiple submissions, false authorship claims, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data, or the like. Articles in the Press (articles that have been accepted for publication but have not been officially published and do not yet have complete volume/issue/page information) that contain errors, or are found to be unintentional duplicates of other published articles, or are determined to violate publication ethics guidelines Our journals in the editor's view (such as multiple submissions, false authorship claims, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or the like), may be "Withdrawn" from the Promkes Journal Archives. Withdrawn means the contents of the article (HTML and PDF) are removed and replaced with HTML pages and the PDF only states that the article has been withdrawn in accordance with the Promkes Journal Policy on Withdrawal of Articles in the Press with a link to the current policy document.
Plagiarism screening will be conducted by Jurnal Promkes: The Indonesian Journal of Health Promotion and Health Education Editorial Board twice before and after the review process, using TURNITIN Plagiarism Checker. Plagiarism limit allowed is less than or equal to 25%.
Plagiarism is committed when one author uses another work (typically the work of another author) without permission, credit, or acknowledgment.
- Literal copying is reproducing a work word for word, in whole or in part, without permission and acknowledgment of the original source. Literal copying is obvious plagiarism and is easy to detect by comparing the papers in question.
- Substantial copying is reproducing a substantial part of a work, without permission and acknowledgment of the original source. In determining what is “substantial,” both the quantity and the quality of the copied content are relevant. Quality refers to the relative value of the copied text in proportion to the work as a whole. Where the essence of a work has been reproduced, even if only a small part of the original work, plagiarism may have occurred.
- Paraphrasing; copying may take place without reproducing the exact words used in the original work, i.e. without literal or substantial copying. This type of copying is known as paraphrasing, and it can be the most difficult type of plagiarism to detect.
Journal Promkes will immediately investigate and reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism. Journal Promkes investigation on suspected plagiarism will be based on COPE's guidance:
Article Processing Charge
For manuscript submitted after 20 January 2022, this journal charges the following article processing charge:
Article Publication: 70 (USD) or Rp 1,000,000.00 (IDR)
Authors whose articles are published will receive a Letter of Acceptance and must pay a contribution of 70 (USD) or Rp. 1,000,000.00 (one million rupiahs) in Publish costs.
This payment can be paid to
BANK BNI, NO. VIRTUAL ACCOUNT: 9883030300000331 (Pembayaran Article Publication Charge Jurnal FKM UNAIR)
This 'Article Processing Charge' includes peer reviewing, editing publishing, maintaining and archiving, and it allows immediate access to the full-text version of the articles.
For more information please contact our support contact:
Aninditya Ardhana Riswari, M.Hum. - 085334730373 / email@example.com