Jurnal Ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan/JIPK (Scientific Journal of Fisheries and Marine) was the first time established in early 2006 using the name "Berkala Ilmiah Perikanan", under Prody of Aquaculture, Faculty of Veterinary, Universitas Airlangga with non-accredited status. At the end of April 2009, the journal changed its name into " Jurnal Ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) under Faculty of Fisheries and Marine", which was fully published and accessible on the website or online accessibility.
The JIPK development and changes as of since 2006-2018 are as follows:
Berkala Ilmiah Perikanan (print out version since 2006-2009 with ISSN:1907-5634)
Jurnal Ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) (online journal system (OJS) version since the April 2017 edition with e-ISSN: 2528-0759 (Online), p-ISSN: 2085-5842 (Print), ISSN International Centre)
Jurnal Ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan/JIPK (Scientific Journal of Fisheries and Marine) was first published in 2009 as Volume 1 issue 1, April 2009. JIPK is published twice a year every April and November.
Since Volume 9 No 1 edition April 2017, JIPK has registered all the publications to CrossRef to get Digital Object Identifier (DOI) For increasing accessibility and protection from plagiarism. For citation purpose of November 2018 edition, readers have to use DOI that stated in the document (How to Cite article's JIPK).
Starting from Volume 10 No 2, November 2018 edition, JIPK has added new regulation of journal policy, new document template, instructions for the author, and has a new layout style:
1. Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) revises Editorial policy
The reason to revise this editorial policy is to follow international editorial policies in improving Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) in order to get more international indexed
2. Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) has New layout style
Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) decides to have new layout style in published manuscripts, add two column where before it is single column, add the figure, table, title and abstract in Indonesia and English, and follow international journal trend
3. Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) has a New Document template
Jurnal ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) decides to have new document template and cover page to equating writing and regulation standards, and following the international journal trend
4. Check plagiarism by Turnitin
From volume 11 issue 1, every manuscript submitted in JIPK will be screened by Turnitin Program.
5. Jurnal Ilmu Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) has been accredited as a 2nd Grade Scientific Journal (Sinta 2, Peringkat 2) by the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Indonesia since 4 April 2019. The Update Accreditation Number: SK 10/E/KPT/2019 valid until April 4th, 2022.
The editorial and administrative management, as well as the physical appearance of the journal itself, was improved. Written entirely in full English, is published start Vol 11 No 2 November 2019. JIPK informs its readers with valuable findings in fisheries and marine researches, not only those conducted by researchers from other institutions nationwide but also from abroad. Continuous improvement in quality by, for example, improving editorial and authors diversities, is a priority. To prove its capacity at the global level, partnership with outstanding worldwide medical information publisher, such as EBSCO, has also been established.
6. Start Vol 12 no 1 (April 2020), JIPK will be PUBLICATION fully published in English and could be accessed in website or online accessibility. In regards to the internationalization process, all the manuscripts of the Jurnal Ilmiah Perikanan dan Kelautan (JIPK) is published in English (started from Issue November 2019). Therefore, we encourage authors to submit their manuscripts in English that is grammatically correct, logical, clear, and concise.
8. In January 24, 2022, officially JIPK has been accredited as a 1st Grade Scientific Journal (SINTA 1, Peringkat 1) by the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Indonesia